Jun 23, 2021
Prediabetes rates have been rising and there’s so much confusion and stigma associated with the diagnosis. Today we’re talking with dietitian friend Alice Figueroa about what prediabetes is and the importance of a compassionate and individualized approach to treatment. Alice recently authored Prediabetes Diet and Action Plan and is passionate about promoting universal access to nutrition support, health services, and wholesome foods for all segments of society. She is an award winning Natural Foods Chef recognized with a James Beard Foundation National Scholar Award.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• What prediabetes is and how it differs from diabetes
• Risk factors for prediabetes
• Ways to practice intuitive eating with chronic conditions
• Behaviors that can help with blood sugar stability + MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
For our resources and shownotes, visit
Produced by Dear Media