May 26, 2021
This week we have one of our favorite guests BACK on the podcast talking about the many ways fatphobia shows up in public health initiatives. Marquisele Mercedes is a doctoral student and writer from the Bronx and her doctoral training and interests are at the intersection of fat studies and scholarship on race/ism. She looks at how racism, anti-Blackness, and fatphobia shape health care, research, and public health work and training.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• Fatphobic messaging in public health initiatives
• How weight-centered initiatives harm POC communities
• Effective ways to increase food access with public health funding
• What food equity is and to get it + MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
• Pete & Gerrys: peteandgerrys.com/foodheaven
• Coors Pure: Celebrate the wins of everyday life. Go
to CoorsPure.com to see where you can
find Coors Pure!
For our resources and shownotes, visit
Produced by Dear Media