Aug 5, 2020
Today we’re chatting with our good friend Kevin Curry about the ups and downs of being a Black food blogger. Kevin started Fit Men Cook over 8 years ago, and has developed a loyal community of over 1 million followers online. Today we’ll be diving into all the behind the scenes tea, from recipes to dating in quarantine.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• Our experiences getting paid less than our white counterparts to do the same work
• Frustrations of being a black person in a predominately white food industry
• Transitioning your brand from a passion project into a business
• Where Kevin gets recipe inspo from
• What Kevin’s DMs are looking like (wink, wink) & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
• Urban Movie Channel: Visit UMC.TV and use code FOODHEAVEN for an extended 30-day free trial. After that, it’s just $4.99 per month.
• Buffy: Buffy.co with code FOODHEAVEN
For our resources and shownotes, visit
Produced by Dear Media