Feb 3, 2021
Today we are talking with Cal Newport and we’re SO EXCITED
because his book totally changed our relationship to social media.
Cala is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Georgetown
University. In addition to researching cutting edge technology, he
also writes about the impact of these innovations on our culture.
Newport is the author of six books, including the New York Times
Digital Minimalism, which argues that we should be much more
selective about the technologies we adopt in our personal lives,
Deep Work, which argues that focus is the new I.Q. in the
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• What digital minimalism looks like in real life
• The ways in which excessive screen time can be harmful
• Creating values that are not tied up in productivity or social media
• Practical ways to disconnect and tap into your life values & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
For our resources and shownotes, visit
Produced by Dear Media